Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Life goes on....

Check it out! I'm back in full effect! Really though, I managed to steal some computer time so I'm all up on this blog.

Personal Update: I am still pregnant! Nope, the baby has not fallen out. Yesterday, James and I went to my first official OB visit, complete with ultrasound. We were happy to see that indeed there is a 10wk fetus about the size of a peanut moving and grooving around in the female cave AND it is indeed only one. 

Gosh it feels good to be back in writing mode! I don't think you're ready for this jelly blog.

When I think of what the next year of my life will entail, I go through many phases. Normally, I like a snack from the fridge, then I'm good to start the phasing. First phase is usually pretty exited. And by that I mean pooping rainbows and unicorns. Thinking of baby names, imagining how great "family moments" will be with a new baby. *sigh*  Then, eventually I head into the "I am woman" phase when every thought I have is rooted deeply in the innate confidence and pride that every pregnant woman feels, because she is embarking on a journey of physical endurance that only women will ever experience. Eventually, after the female empowerment powers down, and I have a second snack from the fridge, I start to feel a little overwhelmed with the knowledge that I will officially be responsible for TWO little lives and heart beats for my next 20 years. This usually makes me slightly nauseated, and I know it's time for a potty break, a sip of water, and a cracker. The next phase is ugly. Some may call it a "hormonal freak out," but I prefer the phrase "battling the good vs evil within myself." This phase contains a lot of crying for no reason, eating more food, laughing hysterically, and being incredibly pissed off at anything in 5 centimeter radius that breathes. All in the span of about 4 minutes. The last phase usually comes full circle into "pretty excited" but with the rainbow and unicorn poop. Contentment may be to easy-going a descriptor, because Lord knows being stressed/worried/battle hungry is the best part of being pregnant so contentment becomes a luxury one preggo mom cannot afford. 

life continues to go on in my world.




No comments:

Post a Comment