Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The heat is on......

Amory Butler factoid #575--- I hate 100 degree weather. Why???
I sweat. And being a born and bread Oklahoman has never changed my opinion of 100 degree weather. Nor has it changed my opinion of sweating.--I am smack dab in the middle of an anatomy/physiology 101 workshop. Knowing the importance of sweating does not change my opinion of sweating. -- BEWARE --- You're entering the bitchy session of the program --

 Sweating creates an aura of sticky wetness, oh it's sticky tricky! You start out feeling light as air and all of a sudden you weigh 10 lbs heavier. There's an itch between your shoulder blades that no one in the world can scratch on their own. Once you get passed that sensation you're sent into what I call the "hairline itchies." If you're as heavy as I claim not to be, then your cave between you're bottom lip and your chin gets a bit shiny, and likely starts dripping onto the collar of your T-Shirt and you imagine in about another hour you could participate involuntarily for the neighborhood watch party's wet T-Shirt contest. See! No good comes from sweating. --- Unless, of course, you're me and have been successfully losing weight. Stupid sweat. 


FOOTNOTE-- I just got home from my evening walk. Cooled down now. ... I promise.... unfortunately, I still do hate sweating. And 100 degree weather.



Intermission:   ...   ...   ...   .... .... 


Act Two:
Hey ya'll!! WHAT UP WHAT UP??!!

My it's a GREAT day to BE alive!! Summer is here and you KNOW what that means! 
The glorious long days and long nights. The endless supply of Pop-Ice in the freezer. The Oscar Meyer weenies on the grill. The flies who buzz your potato salad or the bees that climb into your can of pop and sting the piss out of your lip. <insert hilarious evil bee laugh> The man next door blowing his grass clippings out of his driveway, which always make my face twist with derision and roll my pupils. Why do people think having fresh mown grass clippings on their driveway is worth spending $75 on a leaf blower to blow the clippings into a pile at the edge of the curb? Furthermore, why do we have leaf blowers? It's nature Yo, Love it like you mean it! What was my point? Oh! Yes, SUMMER. One of my favorite things about summer is just moments away! Fireworks!! And by that I mean, watching from an obvious safe distance. I have been kind enough to let James take care of the show for the last decade. I am Sharon Clark's daughter. Thus, I have a strange fascination with fire, but only if I'm not lighting or standing near the firework. Squealing and SWEATING is involved if I get too close.

After the fireworks show, we all get to enjoy another two days of work. BUT knowing that on Saturday July 7th we will be celebrating (a few days early) the birth of Jamie Joellen helps make the bittersweetness of going back to work all the more worth while. 
Six dadgum years. She's such a good kid. As good (aka spoiled) as any other fancy only child can be at six years old. She has taught me so many things. But the most important lesson has been how to appreciate joy. Whether it be bubbles, interactive television, or the 18th verse of "Wheels on the Bus," she never fails to help me appreciate the sheer joy of life. All the way through that 18th verse. 
This year I caved for the ChuckECheese experience. I GUARANTEE there will be some good bloggage after that marathon of greasy pizza, rich "white" cake, and TOKENS galore. 

See you on the flip side world :)



No comments:

Post a Comment